Monday, March 31, 2014

Fw: Emergency Transfer!!!

 
 
 
Dun Dun Duuuuuuunnn!!!!
 
So last Monday, I get this call from President that informs me that I've been emergency transferred and headed to Denver. Tuesday, they sent in the new Sister that took my place serving in the Grand Junction 7th ward, and Wednesday morning, I left to go to Denver.
 
The Assistants to the President picked me up at about 6:00 a.m. which was weird being alone in a car with a couple of Elders. I asked them, "So where am I going and who will be my new companion?" Their answer? "We don't know. Nobody tells us anything." "You'll just show up at the mission office, President will open his transfer board that shows all the missionaries and where they're serving, say a prayer, blindfold himself, and throw a dart. If it hits an Elder, he'll re-throw." Goofballs.
 
Then we showed up in Glenwood Springs and the AP's left me with the Sisters serving there and took off with all my stuff. Apparently, the AP's had some meeting to go to, and with no stuff, I twiddled my thumbs until noon. Then I got handed to the Sister Training Leaders who were there. Then they took me to a meeting between them and the AP's and I got brought along for some reason. So it was odd sitting in a leadership meeting having no clue what was going on as they discussed what they're going to do for next zone conference.
 
Then the other set of AP's (we have two sets. One in Denver and one in Grand Junction) took me in to Denver. The only thing they knew about where I was going was that I would be staying with the Sister Training Leaders in Denver until this Tuesday, so basically for almost a week. It was really quite odd because the answer of where I'm going is, "We have no idea so we're just sticking you with people until we figure it out." Well. The Sister Training Leaders have to go to a special leadership meeting tomorrow morning that I'm not allowed to go to, so I'll be going with yet another set of missionaries tonight, and THEN hopefully they will figure out what to do with me.
 
It's been a very odd week.
 
I would not suggest writing me any letters or sending anything to me until I actually get settled. If you do send anything, send it to the mission home.
 
999 East Tufts Ave.
Cherry Hills Village, CO
 
It also occurred to me that tomorrow is April Fools day, which made me think that this would be an excellent April Fools joke. Except for the fact that it actually happened. So kicks and giggles, I'm in Denver now!
 
Oh, yeah, and the Sister Training Leaders here that I've been staying with since last Wednesday are Sister Pearson and Sister Pfeifer, so I was companions with Sister Pfeifer again, if only temporarily.
 
It's been a fun week.
 
Anyway, that's about all I have for you all. Hopefully I'll be more situated by next week. :P
 
~Sister Richelle Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment