Monday, April 28, 2014

Fw: Truckin'

 
 
 
 
Greetings to everyone,
 
This week has been a bit of a tough week. I've been feeling sick through most of it. I'm kind of sick of feeling sick, so I pushed myself to do work anyway every day of the week except for Sunday. Yup. It felt like there was a knot in my throat that was constricting my breathing and was making me feel sick to my stomach. I went to Urgent Care on Saturday and they told me that my throat was swelling a little. Not much, and it wasn't causing any serious problems, but it was obnoxious. The swelling hasn't gone down all the way, but it's better than it was Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. >.>
 
It was cool, though, since on one of the days where I wasn't feeling good, we were doing some finding, and it was really a struggle to keep going, but I didn't want to hold my companions back from doing actual missionary work. So I kept going, and the next door, this lady answered who was really prepared to hear our message. It really shows that the Lord truly sees our efforts.
 
We also did some service painting someone's apartment, which was fun. I love doing service.
 
Also, we ended up talking to this crazy guy. He looked a little sketchy and we weren't sure we wanted to talk to him, but we talked to him anyway, and he talked to us for like an hour straight about how the stories in the bible were fairy tales made up to teach children how to watch for the seasons and know when to plant crops. o.O It was possibly the strangest thing I've ever heard. He was like, "Yeah, the story of the three wise men following the star to find the Christ child is actually talking about the three stars that make up Orion's belt and how on December 25th, they line up with the brightest star in the sky, Sirius, and they together point to the location in the sky where the sun is at it's lowest point when it rises, so the Christ child is actually representing the sun. He isn't the son of God, but he's the sun." Yeah, it was pretty crazy. Fascinating. But crazy.
 
Anyhoo, I think that does it for stories this week. I'm just Truckin' along. Yup. :)
 
~Sister Richelle Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment