Monday, February 17, 2014

Fw: Landmarks

 
 
 
Hello, everyone!
 
There were a few monumental moments that happened this week. First of all, this is the first Valentines day that I got a rose! Granted, it was from the members who fed us dinner that night, but it still made me feel special and happy inside. :P
 
The second thing was a bit more of a spiritual landmark. Saturday morning, during personal study, I turned the last page of the bible. That's right. I have read the bible cover to cover from Genesis all the way to Revelations. Back in July when I was first starting my mission, I had a lot of people say, "You don't even read your bible," and of course I explained that we use the bible as well as the Book of Mormon and they go together side by side and such, but I hadn't actually read all of the bible before. So back in my first transfer, I started reading the bible while also reading the Book of Mormon. I finished the BoM partway through Psalms, so I started reading the Doctrine and covenants. I finished the Doctrine and Covenants partway through Lamentations, so I devoted all of my efforts to reading the bible, and I finally finished it this week. I think that's quite the accomplishment, so I feel all proud and happy with myself. :P Today I started the 42 day challenge for the Book of Mormon that the mission president set for us, finish the Book of Mormon in one transfer. So we'll see how that goes. I think I can make it. After all, I read the entire bible, the Book of Mormon, AND the Doctrine and covenants/Pearl of Great Price in seven months.
 
Other than that, this week was actually pretty uneventful. We seem to be continually having poor luck with appointments falling through, and our one progressing investigator keeps skipping church and she will no longer be able to make her baptismal date this transfer. So that's continually frustrating. It just means that there are greater blessings right around the corner.
 
I loff you all, and keep being awesome!!!
 
~Sister Richelle Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment