Monday, July 15, 2013

Fw: sheep

 
 
Sent: Monday, July 15, 2013 12:11 PM
Subject: sheep
 
Dear family,

Guess what I woke up to this morning... BAAA BAAA BAAA BAAA a bunch of sheep wandered over to the field by our window early in the morning and decided to be as loud as they possible could. Sheep are pretty quiet. Except when they're not.

So question, did you guys get the emails I sent last week? I got almost no emails except a bunch of "Failure to send" emails which is possibly the most depressing thing ever. I also got a letter from Mom, but it was short. Oh, and I got Dad's funny pic he sent me. :P

Well now I'm all sad and stuff. :(

I'll try to resend all of last week's emails, so if you get two of the same, I'm sorry. I just want to make sure you guys got it.

As far as stuff for this week, we had a bit of a cool experience. There was one day where Sister Pfeifer and I were having zero luck with anything. We were driving around trying to visit non-members, less actives, and members, and no one would answer their doors. Frustrated, we just started walking so we wouldn't use any more miles than we already had. Then Sister Pfeifer turns down this little street and decides to go tracting. I was too frustrated and tired to say anything else, though I dislike tracting greatly, but we went and knocked on a few doors. Nothing. No one would answer. Finally I turned to Sister Pfeifer and was like, "OK, I give up. Let's just go back and look at who's next on our list," but she responded with, "No! One more door!" and pointed in what seemed to be an arbitrary direction and started walking that way. She walked past about two more houses before walking up to one, and we knocked on the door, and someone finally answered! Her name is Alyssa, and she's a Catholic but isn't really solid in her faith, though she believes in God. We taught her the restoration and she seemed to take it all in and it was great! It was really one of those experiences that you hear about happening but never expect it to happen. The Lord really does bless us.

Anyway, we got a couple of other investigators this week because some members offered to feed us and then invited some of their non-member friends over as well, and that's a really great way to find people. It's been a great experience so far.

Then, one of the investigators we had previously from last week wanted us to help her paint her shed. I got a nice tan from standing out in the hot sun the whole time, and Pam said she wanted me to paint a mural on one of the sides, so I'm thrilled about that! Unfortunately, she's leaving for California for like a week or something, but I'll be able to paint it when I get back. :)

Anyway, that's about it for this week. I'm going to resend last week's stuff, now.

~Sister Richelle Nicole Jones



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment