Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fw: Muddy Situations

 
 
 
 
Greetings everyone!
 
I have a couple of different stories to share with you this week, and unfortunately I don't have a whole lot of time to do it in. I'm emailing Tuesday since the library was closed yesterday because of Martin Luther King day. And since I actually have appointments and stuff to fill today, I can't spend too long doing email stuff.
 
So to start off with, while the snow melts, a new problem begins to arise. Mud. For some reason in Washington, it rains all the time, yet the mud isn't as bad there as it is here. It's like the ground here isn't used to dealing with water, so when it gets water it sort of goes "AAAAAAUGH" and turns into mush. One of the families we visit hasn't put down gravel in their driveway, so their driveway is a giant sinkhole. One night, it was 8:30 and we wanted to try to stop by one more person's house before calling it a night, so we stopped by their house. No one was home, so we started to drive away. Until we fell into a mud pit anyway. So at 8:40 we're calling members desperately to help us out of the mud. :/ Finally some members who lived close by came and helped us out, but now I have the fun story that we got stuck in the mud. All of my boots have taken nice trips through the mud now, too.
 
This week we also got to try some elk! Twice! I've never eaten elk before in my life and this week, two members fed us elk. One was an elk steak, and the other was an elk burger. It's... Different. Not bad. Just different. I think I'll stick to eating beef.
 
So Fruita has been going through a lot of major changes missionary-wise this transfer. I told you about how we lost 3 out of 4 elders new years eve. We got another elder to replace the three and that companionship has been covering two of the Fruita wards. Well, this week, one of the sisters went home. She was struggling with depression and finally called it quits. So her companion is now with the Sister Training Leaders in Palisade. So Sister Moa and I are really the only missionaries left in Fruita who have been here for a while since the one elder who actually stayed this full transfer only came in just this transfer. It's pretty nuts. I think that Sister Hilton going home was a major blow for me mostly because I've felt close to that point a couple of times already in my mission, but I've managed to pull through. It just... struck me. That's all.
 
Speaking of transfers. Guess what's coming up this week? Yeah, so Fruita is about to really get overhauled since I'm fairly certain that either Sister Moa or I could be leaving next week. *Shrug* we'll see what happens.
 
Anyway, I think that's all for this week. I could share more, but I'm out of time. I love you all! Have a great week!
 
~Sister Richelle Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment