Monday, August 19, 2013

Fw: Another day, another week, another month

 
 
Hello all!

It's been two months since I've been home and stuffs. Crazy, huh?

So this week was a little sad since we found no new investigators, and we had a lot of people drop us, but those weeks happen, and the only thing we can do is move forward with faith.

One person we had was a potential investigator we had met on her doorstep, and she invited us to come back. But when we came back at the scheduled time, she was at the hospital having her baby. So we came back later, again and again, but she was either not home or busy. Usually busy. But then one day we came back and her fiance was like, "What do you people want with us?!" We apparently forgot to explain to her in our visits back that we wanted to share a gospel message with her, so all she knew was that a couple of strangers kept coming to her door asking after her, and it was starting to creep her out. Whoops. It was a sad day, but Sister Pfeifer was just laughing so hard at our mistake and that anyone could ever be creeped out by us. :P

This Saturday, Jess is getting baptized! She's the golden investigator we found a while back. She is super stoked, and she's been sharing with everyone her conversion story and offering people book of Mormons and she isn't even baptized yet. She's already wanting to serve a mission! She is awesome! So we're all very excited and stuff.

We have one cool story, a few weeks ago, we were driving out in some of the country roads to visit someone, and Sister Pfiefer felt inspired to stop by this random house. There were no cars in the driveway and the whole place looked dark, but we tried it anyway. To our surprise, this old lady answered. She only let us offer a prayer with her, but she was touched by our visit anyway, since it was apparently her husband's birthday and her husband had passed away some three years ago, so she just needed some support. Then this week, we were in the area and felt inspired to stop by again. We asked her if she needed any help, and she did! She was looking for someone who would be able to wash her windows for her since she couldn't do it herself, so we got dressed in our work clothes and got to work. It was great! She wouldn't let us share a message with her, but I feel it was good and inspired of the Lord all the same, and I'm hoping her heart will soften over time.

So my left knee has gone through much abuse since I've been out here. First I scraped it up in the MTC (and it left a scar that looks like I have a permanent bruise on my knee), then I injured it while running, then I injured it while playing volleyball, and after much time of healing, it still hurts like the devil. If it persists, I will probably have it looked at seeing as how it's driving me bonkers, and I'm afraid there might be something torn in it. We'll see.

Oh. So I've been asked to also do a musical number in zone conference. Word spreads that I can sing, apparently. Unfortunately, the zone leaders told Sister Pfeifer to sing with me. They've heard that I can sing, but haven't heard Sister Pfeifer's attempts to sing. Sister Pfeifer can't keep a tune in a bucket. So we'll see how it goes. I told Sister Pfeifer to please oh please for the good of all the ears in the audience to not sing, but she's like, "I can sing! Just not on tune! But it doesn't matter!" grumble grumble.... Hopefully I can convince her to not sing before Thursday...

Yesterday, we had a fun experience. Sister Pfeifer and I were tracting, and this one guy let us in, and he started preaching to us. He was apparently anti-religion, but he believed in Jesus Christ according to the new testament, and he kept telling us about how that was what we needed to turn to for truth, not to religion, and we were just like, "Mmhmm. Mmhmm. That's pretty much what we do. We're kind of the church of Jesus Christ... Mmhmm..." And we just listened to him preach to us. For two... Hours... The guy wouldn't stop talking. And at first, he absolutely refused to take the book of Mormon because, "The only thing we should read is the word of God." Mmhmm. That's what the book of mormon is. Yup. Finally, at the end, he like grabbed the book of Mormon and was like, "Here! I'll take this, read it, study it, and pray about it, and I'll give you girls a call later!" Sister Pfeifer and I practically wooped in triumph when we got back in the car and drove to our dinner appointment. He was doing it in defiance, but seriously, I hope his heart is soft enough that he'll recognize the truth of it when he reads it. :P
 
And that's the gist of my week. Our numbers were depressingly low, but it happens, and we can still see miracles in our lives if we only know where to look. I know this gospel is true and that this is the Lord's work. It's true. It really is.

~Sister Richelle Nicole Jones




No comments:

Post a Comment