Friday, June 21, 2013

Fw: First week at the MTC

 
 
 
 
Hello, Mom! And everyone reading this email!
 
So it's my first P day this Friday and I had no letters. It made me saaaaaad. :( But so it goes. I'm assuming you just recently got home and whatnot. The past few days at the MTC have been nuts. I've only been here for about 2 days or so, but it feels like I've been here for a good week. After I got to the MTC, they checked my name and apparently I've been moved to the brand new section of the MTC, which is actually some apartments built on the BYU campus that have been modified into classrooms. Seriously. My classroom is a dorm room filled with desks and with a whiteboard splatted on one of the walls. It fits maybe 8 people in it. So that was an adventure, I had to take a shuttle over to the new area and it's like way far away from the rest of the MTC, but it's actually kind of nice. The main MTC campus was super crowded, but this new "West Campus" is really really not, and it's nice. Then I also heard soon after arriving that the entire MTC is going to this world-wide broadcast set up by the general authorities that has been described as the "Historical moment of the century" which is a bit of a big deal. I had never heard of this before, but that's happening this Sunday, so I arrived just in time to go to that. I have no idea what to expect for that. Oh, and my luggage broke. No joke. The large bag I had, I was dragging it to my new dorm, and I had to lift it up and over a curb. Silly me. I picked it up by the extended handle, not the strong leather one actually attatched properly to the bag. Snap creak pop and the handle came off! And the rods are stuck straight in the air and won't go back down and the metal has sharp edges on it where the handle broke and bent the metal, so it's really hard to carry my luggage around without scraping up my arm really bad. I'm not really sure what to do about that other than go to the MTC bookstore and hope they sell good suitcases. I haven't been able to go to the main campus yet since that brief moment of passing through it on my first day, so me and my companion, Sister Baker, are going to go do that once we're done sending emails here. Lessee. Other than that, I've pretty well covered most things. It's been hard work here at the MTC, and although I'm only staying till July 1st, it seems like forever away, but I can manage. It's hard to portray in this email just how much I've grown in my time here. I feel like I had more to talk about, but I can't honestly think of anything else. I loff you!
 
~Sister Richelle Nicole Jones
 
P.S. By the way. Funny thing, apparently the email system for missionaries has been updated, but the update wasn't listed on my packet thing or anything, so I didn't know until my teachers and zone leaders here at the MTC told me. But I can send emails to just about anyone now. I think the main people we have to ask permission before we can send emails to is people of the opposite gender who are in the same mission area. But even then, you can get that ok'd by the mission president. So that's cool. I can respond to people a little more conveniently now. :D Anyway, that's all for now. Look for me in the broadcast thing. I'll probably be in the crowd somewhere!
 
P.P.S. It's really weird only being known as Sister Jones. I'm still a little bit slow to respond to that, but I'm getting used to it.



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment